5 Things to Expect at This Year’s Summer Bash
Jul 26, 2018 -
Before we officially launched the San Diego: Life. Changing. campaign, we previewed it at a summer bash with 300 of our closest friends at Farmer & the Seahorse. Thanks to Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. who graciously hosted us, we were also able to celebrate the smart, innovative companies and people here with some of San Diego’s best eateries, local celebrity chef Brian Malarkey, the Ryan Hiller band, and San Diego’s number one pitchman and former NBA superstar Bill Walton. We had such a great time, we’re doing it again.
Here are 5 things that you can expect this year’s Summer Bash:
1. The latest on San Diego Life Changing
- We’ll kick off the party with a little about the campaign – where we are now and what’s ahead. This brand campaign had quite the year, telling stories about the incredible people and companies that call San Diego home. We’ve had awesome company takeovers on #TakeoverTuesday, blogs, and events like San Diego Startup Week that we partnered on. And we have even more exciting news up ahead. You won’t want to miss out.
2. Really good food & drinks
- Brian Malarkey – Local celebrity chef Brian Malarkey is coming back for seconds and dishing out his latest and greatest concoctions. In addition to his newest venture, Herb and Wood, Malarkey also created 15 other wildly successful restaurants all across the country, including Farmer & the Seahorse.
- The Crack Shack – This place might not have invented the chicken sandwich, but it certainly perfected it. The Crack Shack is Little Italy’s foodie fave that’s serving up their best chicken and egg dishes at Summer Bash.
- Buona Forchetta – One of the best (if not THE best) authentic Italian spots in San Diego. Summer Bash attendees will get to savor its ridiculously good wood-fired pizzas next month.
- Maya’s Cookies – voted San Diego’s Best Vegan Baked Goods 2017, these all-inclusive gourmet vegan cookies are sure to be a crowd favorite.
- Made in San Diego beer – Earlier this year, we launched Made in San Diego beer with craft beer giant Ballast Point Brewing Company. It’s a light, refreshing golden ale, perfect for those warm San Diego summer days (and nights), and a portion of the sales will go to support other local entrepreneurs get their big break. It’s so #SDlifechanging it hurts.
3. Keynotes from San Diego’s finest
- Luna DNA’s Dawn Barry – as president/co-founder of Luna DNA and previous VP at Illumina, Dawn will talk about her career and why San Diego was such a big part of it.
- Amazon’s Nate Wiger – as a leader at Amazon’s San Diego Dev Center, Nate will talk about San Diego’s tech space and why it’s such a great location for a tech giant like Amazon.
4. Auction with ‘life-changing’ prizes
We will be auctioning incredible packages from the Golden Door Spa, Taylor Guitars, TaylorMade Golf, Human Longevity Inc., and more!
5. Last but not least, San Diego’s coolest companies
The San Diego: Life. Changing. Summer Bash is about celebrating all things San Diego – especially the heart and soul of our innovation ecosystem: our tech and life sciences companies. Here are a few that will be there celebrating with us.
We’re almost sold out of Summer Bash tickets, so make sure to get yours today!
If you’re part of a tech or life sciences company in San Diego, we’re also offering special ticket packages. Reach to email@example.com to learn more.
Here’s a look at the Summer Bash last year: