11 virtual San Diego attractions you need to experience
Nov 13, 2020 - Candela Delucchi
While travel restrictions and social distancing may have you staying home for the foreseeable future, you can still experience America’s Finest City through virtual adventures. Alleviate your growing wanderlust by checking out these 11 free immersive virtual experiences offered by some of San Diego’s finest attractions.
1. See for yourself why Southern California is one of the most interesting and diverse places in the world by exploring diverse animal and plant life with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s Coast to Cactus exhibition tour.
2. Explore America’s favorite aircraft carrier museum’s most popular exhibits, listen to the award-winning audio tour, and view their naval aircraft gallery, all through the USS Midway’s virtual tour.
3. Museum of Us’ mobile tour offers photos, videos, audio interviews, and an augmented reality experience, all within the Balboa Park app.
4. Check out the Fleet Science Center’s FLEETtv for experiments, hands-on activities, behind-the-scenes interviews, bloopers, and lots of jokes!
5. Lions, tigers, bears, oh my! Check out what your favorite zoo animals are up to these days via San Diego Zoo’s live cams.
6. SeaWorld’s Saving a Species series brings you face-to-face with the wonders of the animal kingdom with its species-focused episodes.
7. Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography’s Kelp Cam will present you with stunning views of local wildlife such as leopard sharks, moray eels, and a 300-pound giant black sea bass.
8. Get to know the wolves at the California Wolf Center through their online profiles. As San Diego’s only wolf reserve, this monumental center focuses on conservation and education.
9. Watch the Old Globe’s new play, In-Zoom as they adapt art to this extraordinary moment in our time with some much-needed humor.
10. See how Spreckels Organ Pavilion’s concerts live on as they livestream powerful performances every Sunday.
Other articles you might be interested in:
- 6 ways to experience San Diego virtually
- 5 San Diego hikes you can’t miss
- Resume, cover letter, Zoom interview: the job search & the global pandemic